Okay, in one of my previous posts I said I wasn’t fond of shopping at Walmart due to the parking, the long lines, the lack of cashiers and well, the People of Walmart. Well…I’ve found a way to shop there that is painless!!
It’s called Walmart Grocery. I had gotten an email back in January saying they were launching a new program and would give me $10 off my first order. I never did anything with it because I thought they were going to charge me a fee to order my items. Not so! My cousin mentioned that she does it all the time and LOVES it, so I thought I would check it out.
Here’s what I did. I went to http://www.Grocery.Walmart.com, found my local Walmart store, and began shopping. I curled up on the couch with my tablet and my grocery list, and went item by item. The items are all pictured, have detailed descriptions, and even give you, say, the price per ounce (or whatever the measurement) so you can comparison shop. After adding all my items to my cart, I put in my credit card information and picked a day/time for delivery. I chose 10 a.m. the following morning.
Walmart Grocery sent me an email the next morning saying my order was ready for pickup, and to come to the store and park in one of the designated orange pick-up spots. I drove there, and there were signs directing me to the pick-up zones. I parked, called the number on the sign in front of my parking spot, and the man brought my groceries right out to my car and loaded them in the back for me! I signed the digital device, and they even gave me this cute “swag bag” with all kinds of goodies as a thank you for trying the service!
Now, here’s how to save even MORE $$$:
1. If you haven’t already, go on Ebates.com and go on Walmart.com via Ebates to receive money back!
2. Use this link to save $10 off your first time!
3. Use the bar code or QR Code from the bottom of your receipt to submit it to the Walmart app’s Savings Catcher and get money back on anything you purchased that is being sold elsewhere for cheaper! (See my previous post titled “How To Save Money While Shopping at Walmart”)
Answers to questions I’ve gotten about this service:
- Yes it’s free! There is a $30 minimum purchase though.
- Yes you get a receipt emailed to you in case you need to return anything.
- You can order all KINDS of stuff–more than 30,000 items – including fresh produce, meat and seafood, dairy, bakery items, plus health and beauty products!
- If they are sold out of an item, they will give you the next size bigger or the name brand item if you chose the store brand.
- Same-day pickup is available – orders placed by 2 a.m. will be available for pickup from 8 a.m. and orders placed by 10 a.m. will be available from 1 p.m.
- Pickups can be scheduled seven days a week, up to three weeks in advance (which would be amazing for planning shopping for the holidays or for parties!)
They got my order exactly right, and I purchased $133 worth of stuff (I got groceries, toiletries and health products). I literally spent less than 5 minutes there and the guy said they’ll always have a cold bottle of water for me every time I use their service (I mean even if it’s a little thing, hey, bonus!)
I will definitely be trying this again. And again. And again…